Young Child Hospitalized After Getting Tangled In Window Blind Cords, Firefighters Say
LOGAN, Utah — A young child was flown to the hospital Thursday after somehow becoming tangled in window blind cords, firefighters said.
Crews responded to the Logan home near 700 North and 200 East just before 4 p.m. on a report that the child, who was said to be under the age of two, was not breathing and family members were performing CPR.
“I know the child was found by some family members,” said Logan City Fire Department Assistant Chief Craig Humphreys. “I don’t know what family members found the child, but the child was found, untangled, CPR was begun by family members and the child was crying and breathing on its own on our arrival.”
Humphreys said the child was transported by ground to Logan Regional Hospital and then was flown to another hospital in the Salt Lake Valley.
Firefighters did not have an updated condition.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, 50 child deaths related to window cord strangulation were reported between 2012 and 2017.
The commission advised that parents move cribs and beds away from windows, ensure that tasseled pull cords are as short as possible and that parents keep all window cords out of the reach of children.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)