One Dead After Multiple I-15 Crashes In Northern Utah
TREMONTON, Utah – Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said one person died and another suffered critical injuries in a crash near milepost 374 on northbound I-15 in Box Elder County.
The crash was reported around 12:20 p.m. Friday.
Box Elder Chief Deputy Dale Ward said two passenger cars rear-ended two semi-trucks in separate incidents in the same area.
Ward said weather conditions were likely a factor in the crashes.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said a male driver was killed after he failed to slow down in traffic that had built up due to weather conditions, construction and a previous crash in the area.
The second crash occurred about 12:14pm at milepost 374 on I-15. Traffic was slow from the weather, construction area and the previous crash. A passenger car failed to slow and struck the rear of a semi truck killing the male driver. The female passenger was critically injured pic.twitter.com/lwFM9XkQTH
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) September 21, 2019
A third crash occurred around 4 p.m. about 25 miles north of the first two crashes. Two people were critically injured and flown to area hospitals after rolling off the road into a ditch.
Police said their injuries were non-life-threatening.
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)