One Dead After Multiple I-15 Crashes In Northern Utah
TREMONTON, Utah – Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said one person died and another suffered critical injuries in a crash near milepost 374 on northbound I-15 in Box Elder County.
The crash was reported around 12:20 p.m. Friday.
Box Elder Chief Deputy Dale Ward said two passenger cars rear-ended two semi-trucks in separate incidents in the same area.
Ward said weather conditions were likely a factor in the crashes.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said a male driver was killed after he failed to slow down in traffic that had built up due to weather conditions, construction and a previous crash in the area.
The second crash occurred about 12:14pm at milepost 374 on I-15. Traffic was slow from the weather, construction area and the previous crash. A passenger car failed to slow and struck the rear of a semi truck killing the male driver. The female passenger was critically injured pic.twitter.com/lwFM9XkQTH
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) September 21, 2019
A third crash occurred around 4 p.m. about 25 miles north of the first two crashes. Two people were critically injured and flown to area hospitals after rolling off the road into a ditch.
Police said their injuries were non-life-threatening.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10137)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 9660)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6421)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 6158)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3625)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3418)