Man with Knife Killed by Police Officer in Riverton
RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) — Witnesses say a Riverton police officer shot and killed a man who attacked the officer with a knife outside a Walmart in central Wyoming.
The shooting occurred on the sidewalk outside the store on Saturday. The officer was not injured.
Witnesses told The Riverton Ranger that the man attacked the officer with a knife. They say the officer ordered the man to disarm and when the man did not comply he was killed by a single shot to the head.
Some witnesses said the man might have moved aggressively toward the officer again before he was shot.
No other details, including the name of the man, were released.
The incident remains under investigation.
Information from: The (Riverton, Wyo.) Ranger, http://www.dailyranger.com
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)