Driver Dies After Hitting Barrier, Drifting Into Path Of Semi On I-15
OGDEN, Utah – One person died after a crash Monday night on I-15 in Weber County, officials said.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a Honda Odyssey drifted to the left and crashed into a barrier at approximately 10 p.m. It then drifted back into the travel lane where it was hit by a semi-truck.
“There’s no lights out here, no street lights,” said UHP Lt. Justin Cheney. “… The semi driver didn’t have any time to react to what he saw.”
The driver of the Honda was ejected and died on the scene. Officials said the person was not wearing a seat belt.
An investigation is underway. There’s no word yet on whether drowsiness or impairment were factors in the crash.
“It’s unfortunate all the way around,” Cheney said.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)