2 Injured After Truck Crashes Into Kearns House
KEARNS, Utah – A truck crashed into a home in Salt Lake County, injuring two people and causing damage to the house, authorities said.
The crash happened at approximately 9 p.m. in the area of 6200 South and 5600 West.
Police said a Ford pickup truck with three occupants traveled across gravel and into the side of the home. A man and a woman inside the vehicle were transported to the hospital, both in stable condition.
No one in the home was injured, officials said.
Unified Police Lt. Paul Barker said the truck crashed near the home’s gas meter. Dominion Energy responded and determined there was no danger.
“There’s a big hole in the dirt, so it looks like the driver was still pressing the gas pedal and dug a big hole and sunk the truck down,” Barker said. “… One of our theories is a possible medical problem with the driver or impairment.”
He added that there were no signs of impairment at the scene, but there is an officer at the hospital who’s following up with the driver.
“Obviously it’s bad, but it could have been a lot worse,” Barker said.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)