Police: ‘Boonie Hat Bandit’ Taken Into Custody In Connection With Salt Lake County Robberies
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Authorities have arrested a man who was wanted in connection with two Salt Lake County credit union robberies that took place this summer.
Dennis Leota, 40, was arrested Tuesday evening in Saratoga Springs, according to Unified police. The FBI’s Violent Crimes Task Force took him into custody, police said.
Leota, who is being referred to as the “Boonie Hat Bandit,” was wanted in connection with the July 1 robbery of the Mountain America Credit Union at 1298 E. Murray Holladay Road, Unified police said in an August news release.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10137)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 9660)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6421)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 6158)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3625)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3418)