Wildfire Burning Near Richfield Grows To 400 Acres, 50% Containment
RICHFIELD, Utah – A new wildfire has burned almost 400 acres about five miles east of Richfield.
Officials said the Hepplers Fire is human-caused and is under investigation.
The fire is burning uphill and near two structures and two communications towers, according to authorities.
Those structures have been protected as of Thursday night.
#HepplersFire is now 397 acres and 50% contained. All structures within the area have been protected and the Hepplers Pond Road is now open. Resources have been released for the night and engines will return tomorrow to mop-up and secure the fire edge as needed.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) September 27, 2019
They said is fire is 50% contained and 10 fire engines, two large air tankers, two small engine air tankers, one helicopter and various personnel have been assigned to the fire.
The Hepplers Pond Road was temporarily closed in the area of the fire. Officials did not say when they plan to reopen it.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)