Woman Seriously Injured By Bison On Antelope Island
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A woman was injured by a bison along the Lakeshore Trail at Antelope Island State Park, officials confirmed.
Utah State Parks Lieutenant Eric Stucki confirmed the incident and said it happened around 7:25 p.m. Friday.
Park ranger Chris Quatrale said the 22-year-old woman suffered a compound fracture to one of her ankles in the incident. Quatrale said the woman was also possibly gored in one of her thighs.
Park rangers and paramedics responded to assist her and a medical helicopter was called in.
Quatrale said the helicopter was called in due to the remoteness of the woman’s location and her injuries.
Officials did not give a cause for the incident.
22-year old hiker had an “incident” with a bison at Antelope Island State Park. Medical helicopter is flying her to a hospital. Our Alex Cabrero KSL is on scene and will have a live report in our 10pm newscast.More info here: https://ksltv.com/?p=422389
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Friday, September 27, 2019
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)