Giuliani Would Need Trump OK to Assist in Impeachment Probe
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer says he’d only cooperate with the House impeachment inquiry if his client agreed.
Central to the investigation is the effort by lawyer Rudy Giuliani (joo-lee-AH’-nee) to have Ukraine conduct a corruption probe into Joe Biden and his son’s dealings with a Ukrainian energy company. Trump echoed that request in a July call with Ukraine’s president.
The House Intelligence Committee is leading the inquiry, and Giuliani thinks the chairman, Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff, “has already prejudged” whether Trump linked U.S. aid to Ukraine in exchange for the probe. Giuliani tells ABC’s “This Week” that “I wouldn’t cooperate” with Schiff, but if
Trump “decides that he wants me to testify, of course I’ll testify.”
Schiff says he hasn’t decided whether he wants to hear from Giuliani.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)