Hundreds March Against Child Abuse
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Hundreds marched against child abuse Saturday and attended an event held at the Utah Capitol to raise awareness.
Red, yellow and blue balloons dotted the state capitol this morning after about 500 people marched from downtown to Capitol Hill.
The march was led by Sam Young, an excommunicated member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who made headlines last year after going on a hunger strike protesting Church policy regarding interviews with children.
Young says Saturday’s rally was not meant to target the Church but to encourage keeping kids safe in all circumstances and at various institutions.
- Disneyland Ends Annual Passes 10 Months After Virus Closure (pageviews: 7166)
- AMBER Alert Issued For Infant Abducted In Price (pageviews: 6097)
- Pediatric COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising In Utah, Study Says (pageviews: 4124)
- Ruth Watkins Resigning As President Of University Of Utah – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3462)
- UHP: Credible Threats Against Utah Elected Officials (pageviews: 2969)
- Biden Unveiling $1.9T Plan To Stem Virus And Steady Economy (pageviews: 2823)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 2718)
- Plans Change For Historic Mill Sites In Brigham City After Devastating Fires (pageviews: 2644)
- AMBER Alert Canceled After Abducted Infant Located; Suspect In Custody (pageviews: 2580)