Hundreds March Against Child Abuse
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Hundreds marched against child abuse Saturday and attended an event held at the Utah Capitol to raise awareness.
Red, yellow and blue balloons dotted the state capitol this morning after about 500 people marched from downtown to Capitol Hill.
The march was led by Sam Young, an excommunicated member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who made headlines last year after going on a hunger strike protesting Church policy regarding interviews with children.
Young says Saturday’s rally was not meant to target the Church but to encourage keeping kids safe in all circumstances and at various institutions.
- Returning Missionary Tests Positive For Coronavirus, Infects Family (pageviews: 64357)
- New Projection Shows Fewer Potential COVID-19 Deaths In Utah (pageviews: 15314)
- US Coronavirus Fight Enters Crucial Weeks After Reaching Grim Milestone (pageviews: 12307)
- COVID-19 Model Shows Improvement In Projected Utah Deaths (pageviews: 9396)
- Earthquake Tracker - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9396)
- Five New Virus-Related Deaths Reported In Utah; 1,675 Confirmed Cases (pageviews: 4242)
- Renderings Released For Temples In Tooele, Washington County, Washington State (pageviews: 4209)
- Utah House Democrats Urge Governor To Issue Stay-At-Home Order (pageviews: 4151)
- The Pink Moon Will Be The Biggest And Brightest Of 2020 (pageviews: 3521)