Hundreds March Against Child Abuse
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Hundreds marched against child abuse Saturday and attended an event held at the Utah Capitol to raise awareness.
Red, yellow and blue balloons dotted the state capitol this morning after about 500 people marched from downtown to Capitol Hill.
The march was led by Sam Young, an excommunicated member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who made headlines last year after going on a hunger strike protesting Church policy regarding interviews with children.
Young says Saturday’s rally was not meant to target the Church but to encourage keeping kids safe in all circumstances and at various institutions.
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator (pageviews: 23261)
- Homebuyers Warned To Watch For Details In Building Contracts (pageviews: 7053)
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4824)
- Utah Man Fights For His Life In Nepal While Family Tries To Get Help (pageviews: 3437)
- At Least One Person In Critical Condition After Wrong-Way Freeway Crash (pageviews: 2490)
- Clearfield Repair Shop Owner Hopes Someone Can Identify Burglar (pageviews: 2444)
- Jury Reaches Verdict At Trial Over George Floyd's Death (pageviews: 2152)
- Utah Teen Paralyzed From Waist Down After Dirt Bike Incident (pageviews: 1991)
- Utah Man Believes He May Have Found Tomb Commissioned For Joseph Smith (pageviews: 1944)