Hundreds March Against Child Abuse
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Hundreds marched against child abuse Saturday and attended an event held at the Utah Capitol to raise awareness.
Red, yellow and blue balloons dotted the state capitol this morning after about 500 people marched from downtown to Capitol Hill.
The march was led by Sam Young, an excommunicated member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who made headlines last year after going on a hunger strike protesting Church policy regarding interviews with children.
Young says Saturday’s rally was not meant to target the Church but to encourage keeping kids safe in all circumstances and at various institutions.
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 9027)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 7956)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 6649)
- Joe Montana, Wife Block Attempted Kidnapping Of Grandchild (pageviews: 4379)
- 2 Die In Single-Vehicle Crash In Tooele County (pageviews: 3507)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 3031)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2690)
- Utah Reports 1,068 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths (pageviews: 1257)
- Structures Threatened By Fire Located South Of Veyo (pageviews: 1062)