Hundreds March Against Child Abuse
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Hundreds marched against child abuse Saturday and attended an event held at the Utah Capitol to raise awareness.
Red, yellow and blue balloons dotted the state capitol this morning after about 500 people marched from downtown to Capitol Hill.
The march was led by Sam Young, an excommunicated member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who made headlines last year after going on a hunger strike protesting Church policy regarding interviews with children.
Young says Saturday’s rally was not meant to target the Church but to encourage keeping kids safe in all circumstances and at various institutions.
- 'I Feel Threatened' Man Loses Job After Outburst Over Costco Mask Policy (pageviews: 75049)
- Two Truck Drivers Being Thanked For Helping UHP Trooper On I-15 (pageviews: 47083)
- Teens Convicted In Death Of West Valley Officer Released Early (pageviews: 12141)
- Health Care Leaders Call For Mandatory Masks As 867 New COVID-19 Cases Reported (pageviews: 8700)
- Bountiful Residents Upset After Youth Skate Park Bulldozed (pageviews: 6270)
- Church Utah Area Presidency Urges Latter-day Saints To Wear Face Masks (pageviews: 5776)
- Gov. Herbert: 'Stronger Measures' To Be Considered If COVID-19 Cases Don't Drop (pageviews: 5661)
- 1 Child Dies, 3 Other Juveniles Transported After Being Ejected During Crash On I-15 (pageviews: 4373)
- Governor Declares State Of Emergency, Closes Capitol After Protests (pageviews: 4219)