Authorities Looking For Man Accused Of Stealing Car, Taunting Police
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Police are looking for a man responsible for an unusual car theft in Salt Lake City.
The theft happened at approximately 5:30 p.m. Oct. 5 in the area of 1000 East and Parkway Avenue.
Salt Lake City Police Lt. Brett Olsen said a female victim went to her garage and discovered an unknown male sitting in her BMW. The man then allegedly forced his way into the woman’s home and demanded the keys to the vehicle.
The man found the keys and proceeded to leave, but a family member of the victim attempted to intervene, Olsen said.
“The suspect struck him with the vehicle as he was fleeing,” he said.
The current condition of the family member is unknown.
Shortly after the incident, the suspect then reportedly called police and told them he wanted to talk. He gave officials his location, but when they located him, he fled.
“Honestly, it looked like he was kind of toying with us and playing with us a little bit,” Olsen said.
Officers are still looking for the stolen BMW. The suspect is described as a white male.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)