Man Accused In Death Of Mackenzie Lueck Appears In Court
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The man accused in the murder of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck made a court appearance Monday.
Ayoola Ajayi, 31, appeared in person at the Matheson Courthouse for a scheduling conference. He is charged with, among other things, aggravated murder in the death of Lueck, 23.
The judge scheduled a two-day preliminary hearing for March 11 – 12, 2020.
An autopsy determined Lueck died from blunt force trauma to the left side of her skull. After she was killed, prosecutors said Ajayi set fire to her body. Evidence will be presented at the preliminary hearing to see if the case will advance to trial.
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)