Toddler Flown To Hospital After Mother, Children Hit By Vehicle In Sandy
SANDY, Utah — A mother and and two children were hit by a car in Sandy on Tuesday morning, police said.
The incident happened at 1853 E. Sego Lily Drive, according to Sandy Police Sgt. Jason Nielsen.
According to authorities, a mother was pushing two children in a stroller when the crash occurred. The ages of the children were not immediately known, but they are being referred to as “toddlers.”
The oldest of the two children suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken by helicopter to Primary Children’s Hospital, officials said. The mother and the younger child sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the female driver is cooperating.
Neighbors said speeding is an issue on this road, however, it’s unknown if speeding was a factor in this crash.
Pat Reavy, of Deseret News, contributed to this report.
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)