Runaway Juvenile Involved In Fatal Auto-Pedestrian Crash
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A 13-year-old boy who walked away from a youth services center was involved in a fatal auto-pedestrian accident, according to police.
Draper Police said Benjamin Heber left the Juvenile Receiving Center at 177 Price Avenue in South Salt Lake City Monday around 8 p.m.
West Valley City Police confirmed the 13-year-old died as a result of the crash, which happened near 3850 South Redwood Road at 10 p.m. Monday.
Police said the driver of the vehicle that hit Heber was cooperative and the incident was under investigation.
Chloe Morroni with Salt Lake County said Heber’s parents had called the youth services center and it was determined that he could benefit from services at the center.
Police had said Heber had been diagnosed with autism, depression and anxiety.
Morroni said Heber was participating in a 30-day program at the facility, but teens have the option to leave at night, with their parents, for example.
Officials said Heber was in an unfenced area when he left the facility.
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 12173)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 9214)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 8050)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 7602)
- Utah Teen Shot, Left For Dead Three Years Ago Raising Money For Prosthetic Arm (pageviews: 7557)
- California Prisoner Confesses To Killing 2 Child Molesters, Says He 'Did Everybody A Favor' (pageviews: 6786)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 5760)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 4830)
- Payson Hit-&-Run Driver Turns Himself In After Striking 9-Year-Old (pageviews: 4026)
- Celebrities Rally To Send Quaden Bayles To Disneyland After Bullying Video Goes Viral (pageviews: 3869)