Amtrak Train Crashes Into Truck Stopped On Tracks In Orem
OREM, Utah – An Amtrak train traveling to California hit a pickup truck that was obstructing the tracks Tuesday night, officials said.
According to Amtrak, the collision happened at approximately 10:55 p.m. The pickup truck was unoccupied.
The train was carrying 140 passengers as well as crew members on board. No injuries were reported.
The train was delayed for approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes, according to Amtrak. The incident is currently under investigation.
“All individuals should exercise caution around railroad tracks and crossings,” according to an Amtrak statement. “Amtrak continues to work closely with Operation Lifesaver (OLI) to communicate the dangers of grade crossings. Each year, about 2,000 people are killed or injured in grade crossing and trespassing incidents nationwide.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 5683)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)