Salt Lake City Airport TSA Confiscates 7 Guns In 7 Days
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah airport security authorities have intercepted seven guns in seven days at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports that the state Transportation Security Administration discovered the weapons during routine screening of carry-on bags from Oct. 3 to Oct. 9.
Authorities say all seven passengers were carrying ammunition and six of the guns were loaded.
Salt Lake City police say there is no indication the incidents were related.
Authorities say the five male and two female passengers were interviewed and the weapons were confiscated.
Authorities say the passengers face civil penalties up to $10,250 and will have their Trusted Traveler status revoked for a period of time.
TSA has intercepted 65 guns at the Utah airport in 2019 so far. It confiscated 73 last year.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)