Salt Lake City Airport TSA Confiscates 7 Guns In 7 Days
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah airport security authorities have intercepted seven guns in seven days at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports that the state Transportation Security Administration discovered the weapons during routine screening of carry-on bags from Oct. 3 to Oct. 9.
Authorities say all seven passengers were carrying ammunition and six of the guns were loaded.
Salt Lake City police say there is no indication the incidents were related.
Authorities say the five male and two female passengers were interviewed and the weapons were confiscated.
Authorities say the passengers face civil penalties up to $10,250 and will have their Trusted Traveler status revoked for a period of time.
TSA has intercepted 65 guns at the Utah airport in 2019 so far. It confiscated 73 last year.
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 14597)
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 14313)
- Utah Teen Shot, Left For Dead Three Years Ago Raising Money For Prosthetic Arm (pageviews: 11661)
- Payson Hit-&-Run Driver Turns Himself In After Striking 9-Year-Old (pageviews: 7293)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 5838)
- California Prisoner Confesses To Killing 2 Child Molesters, Says He 'Did Everybody A Favor' (pageviews: 5805)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 5342)
- Investigators Issue Amber Alert For 15-Month-Old Tennessee Girl Not Seen Since December (pageviews: 5081)
- 2-Year-Old Boy Hugs Pizza Delivery Guy, Not Knowing He Just Lost His Daughter (pageviews: 4752)