Salt Lake City Airport TSA Confiscates 7 Guns In 7 Days
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah airport security authorities have intercepted seven guns in seven days at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports that the state Transportation Security Administration discovered the weapons during routine screening of carry-on bags from Oct. 3 to Oct. 9.
Authorities say all seven passengers were carrying ammunition and six of the guns were loaded.
Salt Lake City police say there is no indication the incidents were related.
Authorities say the five male and two female passengers were interviewed and the weapons were confiscated.
Authorities say the passengers face civil penalties up to $10,250 and will have their Trusted Traveler status revoked for a period of time.
TSA has intercepted 65 guns at the Utah airport in 2019 so far. It confiscated 73 last year.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)