Mom Charged After Dog Bites Daughter In The Face Twice
SPRINGVILLE, Utah (AP) — Prosecutors have filed a child abuse charge against a Utah woman accused of bringing her dog back into her home after the pit bull twice bit her daughter in the face.
The Daily Herald reports the 8-year-old girl received 27 stitches on her cheek, chin and around her eye after the June attack that left her with scarring and permanent damage to her tear ducts.
Police say it was the second time the pit bull dog had bitten the Springville girl in the face, and the dog has bitten other children before.
The woman was charged with felony child abuse and a misdemeanor of allowing a vicious animal to go at large.
No attorney or publicly listed phone number was immediately available for the mother.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)