University Of Utah Will Host Vice Presidential Debate In 2020
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the University of Utah said the campus will host the vice presidential debate in 2020.
The Commission on Presidential Debates announced the decision Friday, according to a U of U statement. This will be the first time a national debate will be hosted in Utah.
The debate will be held at Kingsbury Hall.
“Utah is the only western state selected for one of three presidential debates and one vice presidential debate,” according to the statement.
U of U President Ruth V. Watkins, Gov. Gary Herbert, Sen. Dan Hemmert and Utah Debate Commission co-chair Thomas Wright will be holding a press conference later Friday morning to provide additional details.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 8768)
- Get Gephardt: Husband sued for deceased wife’s unpaid medical bill - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6320)
- Judge calls Orem mayor 'lynchpin' in fraud case, orders him and son to pay $1M (pageviews: 5012)
- NB I-15 reopens following crash, massive oil spill in Draper - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4958)
- NB I-15 closed in Draper following multi-car crash, oil spill (pageviews: 4861)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4639)