University Of Utah Will Host Vice Presidential Debate In 2020
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the University of Utah said the campus will host the vice presidential debate in 2020.
The Commission on Presidential Debates announced the decision Friday, according to a U of U statement. This will be the first time a national debate will be hosted in Utah.
The debate will be held at Kingsbury Hall.
“Utah is the only western state selected for one of three presidential debates and one vice presidential debate,” according to the statement.
U of U President Ruth V. Watkins, Gov. Gary Herbert, Sen. Dan Hemmert and Utah Debate Commission co-chair Thomas Wright will be holding a press conference later Friday morning to provide additional details.
- Man Dies After Being Ejected From Truck During Rollover Crash In Bluffdale (pageviews: 5048)
- Convicted Kearns Sex Offender Charged With Human Trafficking (pageviews: 5047)
- CDC: Schools Should Have Plan For Angry Parents, Face Mask Bullying (pageviews: 4785)
- Gephardt: 'Brushing' Scams Sweeping Utah (pageviews: 4552)
- AMC Is Reopening Its Theaters Next Week - And Tickets Are 15 Cents (pageviews: 4266)
- Alpine School District Teachers Rally For Safety Days Before Start Of School Year (pageviews: 4175)
- Authorities Identify Woman Found Deceased In Submerged Car Near Logan (pageviews: 3456)
- Gephardt: How A Side Hustle Became A Full-time Gig For Utah Adventurers (pageviews: 3228)
- Herriman To Host Nation's First High School Football Game (pageviews: 2539)