One Killed In 5-Car Crash In Southern Utah
WASHINGTON CITY, Utah — A 20-year-old woman was killed in a five-car crash in southern Utah.
Police said the crash happened just before noon Friday at the intersection of state Route 9 and Telegraph Road.
Officials said eastbound traffic on S.R. 9 was stopped at a red light when a Ford F-350 hit a Mazda hatchback in the rear.
Kylie Park of Riverton was driving the Mazda, which was pushed into the rear of a Chevrolet Silverado truck. The Silverado then hit a Toyota Tacoma.
Police said the Mazda also struck a Toyota Highlander in the right lane after the initial impacts.
Officials administered CPR to Park on scene before transporting her to Dixie Regional Medical Center in critical condition.
Police said Park died a short time later at the hospital.
The driver of the F-350 was taken to Dixie Regional Medical Center in good condition.
Police said the incident is under investigation and equipment violations, speed, alcohol and/or prescription drugs are suspected.
Everyone involved in the crash except for the F-350 driver was wearing a seatbelt, according to police.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)