Search & Rescue Find Car Submerged In Deer Creek
WALLSBURG, Utah — Crews with Wasatch County Search and Rescue said they found a fisherman’s car submerged at Deer Creek State Park.
Officials said the car began to roll at Sailboat Beach inside the state park Friday afternoon when the fisherman went to retrieve his fishing equipment.
The man ran and tried to open the door as the car rolled towards the water, but the door handle broke and the Kia ended up in the reservoir.
Police said they were still working to recover the vehicle, which was found 96 feet below the Deer Creek water surface.
Summit County Search and Rescue crews also responded to the incident.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)