Search & Rescue Find Car Submerged In Deer Creek
WALLSBURG, Utah — Crews with Wasatch County Search and Rescue said they found a fisherman’s car submerged at Deer Creek State Park.
Officials said the car began to roll at Sailboat Beach inside the state park Friday afternoon when the fisherman went to retrieve his fishing equipment.
The man ran and tried to open the door as the car rolled towards the water, but the door handle broke and the Kia ended up in the reservoir.
Police said they were still working to recover the vehicle, which was found 96 feet below the Deer Creek water surface.
Summit County Search and Rescue crews also responded to the incident.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)