Family Displaced After Early Morning House Fire in Payson
PAYSON, Utah – Fire crews responded to a house fire Saturday morning after neighbors called to report the flames, Chief Scott Spencer, with the Payson Fire Department, said.
Spencer said the calls started coming in around 6:48 a.m. When crews arrived at the home, located at 1315 S. and 880 West, there were active flames on the back of the house, Spencer said.
No one was in the home at the time of the fire.
The renter of the home is a dispatcher for Central Utah Dispatc, Spencer said. She told officials she turned the corner to see her house on fire. She lives in the home with her daughter and her dog.
No cause has been determined but officials said the fire started in the backyard near the dog house.
Spencer said it may be a few days before the family can return to the home and is estimating the damage at around $100,000. Spencer said the fire took about 10 minutes to put out.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)