Reserve Soldier Returns Home To Nearly Unrecognizable Wife
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Army Reserve soldiers returned home Thursday after a 10-month deployment to Poland and Germany, and one of them barely recognized his wife who lost more than 80 pounds while he was away.
Army Sgt. First Class Thomas Cornaby has been on four deployments in his 30-year career in the Public Affairs Unit, but this homecoming was extra special.
“I decided I needed to lose the weight, and wanted to do it as a surprise for him,” said Marci Cornaby of American Fork. In a KSL TV exclusive interview, she said for the last 10 months she’s been making her transformation journey. She used a recent heart attack as motivation for healthier lifestyle.
She changed her diet completely and made it her goal to look good by the time her husband returned from deployment.
“I’ve worked so hard and kept it all a secret, and I’ve lost 83 pounds,” she said. “I wanted to share it with the world.”
Marci Cornaby resisted posting pictures on social media, and luckily her and her husband’s Facetime calls were few and far between.
“I would usually lay down on my bed and, just, ‘Hi sweetie! how are you?’”
Ten months later, it was reveal day — and she was nervous.
BEHIND THE SCENES VIDEO: Watch the sweet surprise as an Army reserves soldier returns home to a wife that has lost 80lbs since he deployed 10 months ago!! @KSL5TV at noon for the entire story. #weightloss #weightlossjourney #KSLTV #ArmyWife #militarywives pic.twitter.com/V5bsyx1NVs
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 17, 2019
“There they are! Can I hide behind you?” she said as she saw her husband at the airport. “Oh my gosh!.”
It was sweet surprise with a priceless reaction.
“She looks outstanding doesn’t she?” Thomas Cornaby said. “She’s always looked good!”
Now feeling like a whole new person, she is looking forward to spending a lot more time with her husband.
“One thing I was looking forward to is now we can walk our dog together,” she said.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)