A Toddler With Cerebral Palsy Is Taking Halloween To The Next Level With His ‘Up’ Costume
(CNN) — Brantley is a 2-year-old preparing for his first Halloween.
Since he uses a walker because of cerebral palsy, Brantley’s mom, Brittany Morse, wanted to find a costume that would incorporate his medical equipment.
So, she came up with the idea of dressing him like Carl from the animated Pixar movie “Up.”
“Brantley is just over here making the absolute BEST out of having a disability, and rocking his medical equipment with his awesome halloween costume,” Morse wrote in an Instagram post.
Along with balloons tied to the walker, Brantley’s glasses and a bow tie help him look like the elderly cartoon character.
“We wanted to spread hope and positivity to everyone,” Morse told CNN. “Brantley seems to love wearing the costume. He smiles all day.”
Morse said her son, who is developmentally delayed mentally and physically because he was born premature, hasn’t seen the movie, so her mission this weekend is to get it for him.
She said Brantley was in the neonatal intensive care unit for nine months and deals with several chronic medical conditions.
“He has had 10 surgeries so far,” she said. “And although he struggles, he always is able to put a smile on his face and others.”
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 12173)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 9214)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 8050)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 7602)
- Utah Teen Shot, Left For Dead Three Years Ago Raising Money For Prosthetic Arm (pageviews: 7557)
- California Prisoner Confesses To Killing 2 Child Molesters, Says He 'Did Everybody A Favor' (pageviews: 6786)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 5760)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 4830)
- Payson Hit-&-Run Driver Turns Himself In After Striking 9-Year-Old (pageviews: 4026)
- Celebrities Rally To Send Quaden Bayles To Disneyland After Bullying Video Goes Viral (pageviews: 3869)