11-Month-Old Baby Shot Multiple Times in Philadelphia While in Backseat of Car
NORTH PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – An 11-month-old baby is recovering Sunday after being shot multiple times, Philadelphia officials said.
Police said the child was inside a car driven by his stepmother on Saturday night.
The stepmother heard gunshots and kept driving to flee the shooting.
About 10 minutes later, she found five bullet holes in the car and the baby had been shot three times.
Officials say the baby suffered gunshot wounds to the head, chest and buttocks.
The child is reportedly in extremely critical condition at a local hospital.
A neighbor who heard the shooting couldn’t believe a baby was the victim.
“I hope that baby pulls through. I really do. 11 months old. My heart is breaking right now. I don’t know what to do,” Kim Cash, a neighbor, said.
There’s no word from police on suspects or arrests in connection to the shooting.
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)