Georgia Driver Escapes With ‘Minor Injuries’ After Windshield Pierced By Logs
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A driver in Georgia made it out alive after a bundle of logs secured to a semi-truck pierced an SUV’s windshield, according to authorities.
The Whitfield County Fire Department posted photos of the crash on its Facebook page on Oct. 11, and the post has since gone viral.
Advanced Extrication on Cleveland Hwy this morning. Great job guys! Patient had only minor injuries.
“Advanced Extrication on Cleveland Hwy this morning,” the post reads. “Great job guys! Patient had only minor injuries.”
The post doesn’t indicate what type of minor injuries the driver, the circumstances that led to the crash, or who was at fault. However, it appears in the photos that the logs were tightly secured and had an orange flag attached.
One commenter, who claims to know the victim, took issue with the post’s claim of “minor injuries.” The person stated that the SUV driver “had more than minor injuries” and the people close to him had been waiting outside an operating room for him to get out of a seven-hour surgery.
Another person, who stated the victim is her husband’s best friend, wrote that “by Gods (sic) miracle he is alive and going to be ok after a long road to recovery from a really bad shoulder injury.”
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)