Missionary Dies After Brief Illness In Democratic Republic Of Congo
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has died after a brief illness in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Church spokesperson Daniel Woodruff made the announcement Tuesday morning.
The missionary was identified as 21-year-old Elder Hermann Keredjim Mwanken from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. He had been serving in the Congo Mbuji-Mayi Mission since November 2017.
Elder Mwanken passed away Monday. Details about the nature or severity of his illness were not released.
“We pray that his family and loved ones will feel comforted and supported at this difficult time,” Woodruff said in a statement.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)