NEW: Quinnipiac University Poll Finds Uptick In Voter Approval For Impeachment Inquiry
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A new poll from Quinnipiac University shows approval of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump has reached its highest level.
According to the poll, which was released Oct. 23, 55% of voters approve of the inquiry, while 43 percent disapprove. In last week’s poll, Quinnipiac found 51% of voters approved of the inquiry while 45% disapproved.
Pollsters also found that 93% of Democrats and 58% of independent voters approve of the inquiry. Only 10% of Republicans approve.
The report also showed a drop in the president’s overall approval rating.
“President Trump’s overall job approval rating inches lower against a backdrop of intensifying scrutiny, the House impeachment inquiry and criticism over his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from northern Syria,” said polling analyst Mary Snow. “A majority of Americans disapprove of his decision to remove U.S. military support from the Kurds, which includes about three in 10 Republicans.”
However, the president gets better marks when it comes to the economy, the report states. Forty-eight percent of voters approve of the way he’s handling the economy, and a majority of voters said the economy is in good shape. Seventeen percent said the nation’s economy is excellent, and 44% said it is good.
The poll also asked voters about Speaker Nancy Pelosi. It found 45% of voters approved of the job she is doing, while 47% disapproved. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has a 24% approval rating, while 57% of voters said they disapprove of the job he’s doing.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)