Police Arrest Man Who Reportedly Threatened To ‘Shoot Up’ Children’s Hospital
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Police have arrested a Midvale man for allegedly making threats to “shoot up” a children’s hospital.
According to court documents, Terek Wesley Fleming, 21, on Tuesday told a woman online he had plans to shoot up a children’s hospital and then take his own life. He also reportedly encouraged the woman to “kill her husband and make it look like an accident.”
The woman then provided copies of the messages to law enforcement, arresting documents state.
Unified Police located Fleming and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail on suspicion of terroristic threats and threats of violence. He could also face additional charges, authorities said.
Several Utah hospitals took extra security measures in the wake of the potential threat. Primary Children’s Hospital went on lockdown for 13 hours Wednesday.
Fleming reportedly told police he was only joking.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)