UDOT Closing Multiple Roads – Including Portion Of I-15 – For Construction
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Storms last weekend put a road construction projects on hold, which ultimately means more projects are happening this weekend.
With that comes more road closures.
Southbound I-15 will close between I-84 and 5600 South in Roy. The closures will start at 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday and will last throughout the night.
Traffic specialist Haley Smith said the best detour to take will be southbound I-84 to 1900 West. Take the road through Roy to 5600 South and use the freeway entrance to get back on I-15.
The ramp from I-215 to eastbound I-80 in Parley’s Canyon will be closed Sunday – Wednesday from at 9:30 p.m.n – 4:30 a.m. each night.
Smith said the best alternate route to take will be westbound I-80 to 1300 East. Drivers can then turn around and get back onto eastbound I-80 for access to Parley’s Canyon. It should be about a 10-minute delay.
This was a project from last week had to be postponed due to weather. The ramp from eastbound I-80 to eastbound SR-201 will be closed from 10 a.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
During the weekend, drivers will have to use the SR-202 exit that connects back to 201.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)