First Big Snow Storm Of Season Hits Parley’s Canyon, Valley Floor
PARLEY’S CANYON, Utah – The first big snow storm of the season hit Tuesday, and October isn’t even over yet.
The Utah Department of Transportation and the Utah Highway Patrol were out in full force since Monday night, and it paid off for the morning commute.
Roger Frantz with UDOT said crews were pulling in and out of salt sheds all morning, reloading ahead of the first big storm.
The snow was off and on throughout the morning, but wet conditions were consistent. Drivers need to get back into winter mode and drive carefully, officials said.
UHP responded to more than 50 crashes statewide Tuesday.
“Vehicles have been known to follow too close for the day and too fast for conditions,” UHP. Cpl. Colton Freckelton said. “A lot of drivers have left the roadway and slid off into fences and the side of the highways, and it sounds like weather is going to be off and on the next 24 hours.”
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)