Two Arrested In Connection To Summit County Stabbing
PARK CITY, Utah — Police said a 63-year-old Utah man will need significant facial reconstruction surgery after he was beaten and stabbed in the face early Monday morning.
Officials with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office said 42-year-old Steven White was booked into the Summit County Jail on charges of aggravated assault and aggravated burglary while Amber Lands was booked on a charge of burglary.
Police said the man had responded to a Craigslist advertisement where Lands was offering house cleaning services. When she arrived at the home around 1 a.m. Monday, police said White, her husband, entered the residence and began to beat and stab the man while wearing a mask.
Court documents said White then demanded money from the man before stealing some methamphetamine from the home.
The pair then fled the area but was later identified by the phone number Lands had used to arrange the cleaning service, according to court documents.
They were later arrested in South Salt Lake City and court documents said the two admitted to being at the man’s house.
The pair also admitted that White had assaulted the man, but said it was because the man had sexually assaulted Lands, court documents said.
Lieutenant Andrew Wright with the SCSO said the man is in fair condition with non-life-threatening injuries at an area hospital.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)