Train Delays Downtown After Overnight TRAX Derailment
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Commuters should expect delays Wednesday morning after an overnight derailment that has a TRAX train stuck in the street.
According to the Utah Transit Authority, a wheel on a red line train lost contact with the rail on a turn at Main Street and 400 South near Courthouse Station late Tuesday night.
Authorities said crews have been working to re-rail the train all night, but the bitter cold has been hindering efforts.
No injuries were reported, but the derailment is impacting both traffic and the train schedule.
There’s no word yet on when the scene will be cleared. There is a bus bridge in effect between Courthouse, Gallivan and Library stations, according to UTA. Green Line trains will turn around at Central Pointe.
UTA spokesperson Carl Arky said no lines are canceled, but commuters should plan for delays.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)