I-215 To EB I-80 Ramp To Close For 2 Nights
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The ramp from Interstate 215 to eastbound I-80 will close Wednesday and Thursday night to allow Utah Department of Transportation crews to replace variable message signs near the mouth of Parley’s Canyon.
The ramp will close at 9:30 p.m. both nights and reopen at 4:30 a.m. the following morning.
Utah Highway Patrol troopers will conduct rolling vehicle stops beginning at 11 p.m. to close all I-80 eastbound lanes while the signs are removed and replaced.
One eastbound I-80 lane will also be closed during the project.
While the ramp is closed, I-215 to eastbound I-80 traffic will be diverted to 1300 East and directed back onto I-80.
UDOT officials said northbound I-15 drivers should avoid I-215 and use the eastbound I-80 alternate.
The signs are being replaced because they have reached the end of their lifecycle, according to UDOT.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)