Wednesday’s Child: Makenzi’s Story
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — KSL is committed to Utah’s children and right now, there are hundreds of children lingering in the foster care system.
This week’s Wednesday’s Child is Makenzi. She is a young girl who loves to create in the kitchen and was invited to spend some time baking cookies at Goodly Cookies.
On Wednesday, the student-turned-baker learned all about what goes into the ‘not too crunchy, not too chewy’ art of cookie making.
The 13-year-old had been looking forward to a relaxing afternoon.
“It’s fun to get out of the house,” Makenzi said. “I need to get out of the house a lot more.”
The house she’s talking about is relatively new to her. However, that’s the norm when you live in foster care.
“I’ve been in a lot of foster homes,” she said. “I’ve been in about six I think.”
She said the moving never gets any easier and she longs to be in one place for good.
“Yeah, they just come and take me if one foster home doesn’t work out,” she said. “Then, I just end up somewhere new.”
She’s hoping to be adopted as soon as possible.
“I want to get adopted because I’m getting older now,” she said. “I’m ready for more responsibilities.”
She thinks about the future and has her own idea of what her ideal family may look like.
“I want brothers and sisters and lots of cousins,” she said with a smile.
Above all else, Makenzi just wants a forever home.
“I would love a good family that loves me and just cares about me a lot,” she said.
To learn more about Makenzi or the many other children living in foster care contact the Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or visit adoptex.org.
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 73084)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 28772)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 18690)
- Man Accused Of Shooting Driver During Provo Protests Arrested (pageviews: 11855)
- Police Investigating Reports Of Shots Fired At Protest In Provo (pageviews: 8513)
- Driver Stuck In Middle Of SLC Protest Says She Feared For Her Life (pageviews: 8313)
- Pediatrics Group Says Benefits Of In-Person School Outweigh Virus Risks (pageviews: 5696)
- Life Flight Paramedic Injured In Plane Crash Dies (pageviews: 4845)
- China Researchers Discover New Swine Flu With 'Pandemic Potential' (pageviews: 3871)