Police: Utah Woman Stole $145K From Youth Justice Center
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah authorities say the treasurer of a youth justice center has stolen more than $145,000 from the organization.
Authorities say 41-year-old Michelle Lyn Coon was booked into the Uintah County jail Wednesday on suspicion of a second-degree felony count of theft over $5,000.
Authorities say a member of Friends of Uintah & Daggett County Children’s Justice Center contacted police after noticing multiple unauthorized charges and withdrawals on bank account statements dating back to 2012.
Authorities say money spent on Coon’s company-issued credit card included phone-related charges and at fast food restaurants and clothing stores.
Detectives say Coon told police she was addicted.
Online court records don’t list a defense attorney for Coon who could comment on the allegations.
Coon was released after posting $10,000 bail.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)