Police: Utah Woman Stole $145K From Youth Justice Center
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah authorities say the treasurer of a youth justice center has stolen more than $145,000 from the organization.
Authorities say 41-year-old Michelle Lyn Coon was booked into the Uintah County jail Wednesday on suspicion of a second-degree felony count of theft over $5,000.
Authorities say a member of Friends of Uintah & Daggett County Children’s Justice Center contacted police after noticing multiple unauthorized charges and withdrawals on bank account statements dating back to 2012.
Authorities say money spent on Coon’s company-issued credit card included phone-related charges and at fast food restaurants and clothing stores.
Detectives say Coon told police she was addicted.
Online court records don’t list a defense attorney for Coon who could comment on the allegations.
Coon was released after posting $10,000 bail.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)