Church Announces Site Of New Temple In Washington County
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Wednesday announced the location of the Washington County Utah Temple.
According to a Church statement, the temple will be built on a 14-acre site in the area of 3000 East and 1580 South in St. George. The temple will be approximately 88,000 square feet and will be three stories tall.
The temple was announced in October 2018 by Church President Russell M. Nelson. It will be the second temple in Washington County.
The St. George Temple, which was dedicated in 1877, closed Nov. 4 for renovations and is expected to reopen in 2022.
Utah currently has 17 operating temples. In addition to Washington County, temples have also been announced in Layton, Orem, Saratoga Springs, Taylorsville and Tooele Valley. Temples in southern Utah include Monticello, Cedar City and St. George.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)