Church Announces Site Of New Temple In Washington County
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Wednesday announced the location of the Washington County Utah Temple.
According to a Church statement, the temple will be built on a 14-acre site in the area of 3000 East and 1580 South in St. George. The temple will be approximately 88,000 square feet and will be three stories tall.
The temple was announced in October 2018 by Church President Russell M. Nelson. It will be the second temple in Washington County.
The St. George Temple, which was dedicated in 1877, closed Nov. 4 for renovations and is expected to reopen in 2022.
Utah currently has 17 operating temples. In addition to Washington County, temples have also been announced in Layton, Orem, Saratoga Springs, Taylorsville and Tooele Valley. Temples in southern Utah include Monticello, Cedar City and St. George.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)