Officials: Man Stabbed To Death After Fatally Shooting Party-Goer
ROOSEVELT, Utah – Officials have begun to piece together additional details in the double homicide of two men at a party in Duchesne County.
The incident happened at a Halloween party around 12:15 a.m. on November 1 near 1250 West 850 North, just north of Roosevelt.
According to detectives with the Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office, 22-year-old Jon Reed Jr. shot 23-year-old Tyrell Sowsonicut.
Witnesses said following the shooting, other people at the party became involved in an altercation with Reed, resulting in his stabbing.
Detectives were working to determine if Reed was stabbed in self-defense by people at the scene.
The motive for Reed shooting Sowsonicut was still under investigation.
Officials with the sheriff’s office have asked for anyone with information about the incident in Roosevelt, or any other insight into the case to call them, the Bureau of Indian Affairs police or the FBI.
Investigators said additional information would be released when they could safely do so without jeopardizing the case.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)