More Details Released In Double Murder Case In Eastern Utah
ROOSEVELT, Utah (AP) — Authorities investigating two murders at an eastern Utah house say a man apparently killed another before he possibly was stabbed to death by other Halloween partygoers.
Duchesne County Sheriff’s officials say it appears 22-year-old Jon Reed Jr. of Roosevelt went to the house and fatally shot Tyrell Sowsonicut of Duchesne for a still unknown reason.
They say the 23-year-old Sowsonicut was found dead inside the house. Reed’s body was located outside near an entrance to the home.
Sheriff’s officials tell the Deseret News that one scenario being investigated is that other people at the party stabbed Reed in self-defense.
Authorities responded to a call of shots fired around 12:15 a.m. on Nov. 1.
Sowsonicut had at least two warrants out for his arrest at the time of his death.
- KSL Investigates: Was Turbulent Protest Caused By ‘Out Of State' Instigators? (pageviews: 14132)
- 41 Arrested, 21 Officers Hurt In Downtown SLC Protest (pageviews: 12537)
- Salt Lake Begins Process To Clean Up, Assess Damage From Protest (pageviews: 11883)
- May 2020 Downtown Protest - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9844)
- Clean-Up Crews Gather Downtown After Protests Turn Violent (pageviews: 9472)
- Salt Lake Issues Week-Long Curfew For Overnight Hours (pageviews: 8230)
- Man Detained After Brandishing Bow & Arrow; Car Lit On Fire By Protesters (pageviews: 7744)
- Curfew Enacted As Protests Continue In SLC; Multiple Cars Set On Fire (pageviews: 7581)
- Live (pageviews: 6862)