Video Shows Moment Tractor Trailer Slams Into Wyoming Trooper
WHEATLAND, Wyo. – A video has been released by the Wyoming Highway Patrol showing a Halloween crash involving a tractor trailer and a trooper’s patrol car.
The crash happened October 31 just after 1 p.m. on Interstate 25 south of Wheatland and north of Cheyenne.
Officials said the female trooper was stopped on the side of the road while assisting a stranded motorist.
The rear in-car camera captured video of the truck as the driver moved into the left lane and lost control. The vehicle fishtailed to the right before veering off the shoulder and slamming into the back of the trooper’s vehicle.
Wyoming Highway Patrol releases video of Halloween crash involving a trooper.
Officials said the trooper was inside her vehicle at the time, with her seatbelt fastened. She sustained minor injuries and was transported to the Platte County Memorial Hospital.
The truck driver was not injured.
Northbound lanes were closed while emergency crews worked in the area.
Troopers said it was an unfortunate reminder to use caution when driving around emergency vehicles.
“The Wyoming Highway Patrol would like to remind motorists when you see emergency lights ahead, slow down and prepare to stop,” they said in a statement. “The emergency lights are activated to warn the public of an imminent hazard or emergency.”
They said emergency personnel deal with the threat of this kind of danger daily.
The truck driver was cited for careless driving.
- KSL Investigates: Was Turbulent Protest Caused By ‘Out Of State' Instigators? (pageviews: 14132)
- 41 Arrested, 21 Officers Hurt In Downtown SLC Protest (pageviews: 12537)
- Salt Lake Begins Process To Clean Up, Assess Damage From Protest (pageviews: 11883)
- May 2020 Downtown Protest - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9844)
- Clean-Up Crews Gather Downtown After Protests Turn Violent (pageviews: 9472)
- Salt Lake Issues Week-Long Curfew For Overnight Hours (pageviews: 8230)
- Man Detained After Brandishing Bow & Arrow; Car Lit On Fire By Protesters (pageviews: 7744)
- Curfew Enacted As Protests Continue In SLC; Multiple Cars Set On Fire (pageviews: 7581)
- Live (pageviews: 6862)