Utah DWR Rescues Deer Caught In Rope Hammock
WOODLAND HILLS, Utah — Officials with the Utah Divison of Wildlife Resources helped rescue a deer that got its antlers caught in a rope hammock near a Utah County home.
Property owner Kevin Schindler said he found the deer stuck in the hammock and quickly called DWR officials.
“We get deer all the time, we see them out in our backyard every day and this has never happened before,” he said. “We’ve had that hammock there for five years.”
DWR personnel arrived and were able to cut the deer free from the hammock.
“We used a lariat, which is a ranch rope, and as (the deer) runs off, it falls off the back of its legs,” said DWR Regional Wildlife Manager Riley Peck. “And the antler is dead bone this time of year and they naturally fall off in a couple of months and will grow back. The deer ran off healthy and we’re excited that one didn’t take too long.”
Yesterday we got a call about a deer tangled in a rope hammock in Utah County. Our Central Region personnel were able to immobilize the animal and then free him. 💪 🦌
Posted by Utah Division of Wildlife Resources on Friday, November 8, 2019
“Glad he’s free and hope he’s doing ok,” Schinder said.
- KSL Investigates: Was Turbulent Protest Caused By ‘Out Of State' Instigators? (pageviews: 14132)
- 41 Arrested, 21 Officers Hurt In Downtown SLC Protest (pageviews: 12537)
- Salt Lake Begins Process To Clean Up, Assess Damage From Protest (pageviews: 11883)
- May 2020 Downtown Protest - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9844)
- Clean-Up Crews Gather Downtown After Protests Turn Violent (pageviews: 9472)
- Salt Lake Issues Week-Long Curfew For Overnight Hours (pageviews: 8230)
- Man Detained After Brandishing Bow & Arrow; Car Lit On Fire By Protesters (pageviews: 7744)
- Curfew Enacted As Protests Continue In SLC; Multiple Cars Set On Fire (pageviews: 7581)
- Live (pageviews: 6862)