Woman Killed After Getting Out of Vehicle on I-15 in Bluffdale
BLUFFDALE, Utah – One woman has died after getting out of a truck on 1-15 NB near 14600 S., Utah Highway Patrol said.
They say she was having an argument with the driver, her boyfriend, at the time. The man pulled over near Bluffdale exit 288 around 6:30 a.m. because the woman was attempting to jump out of the vehicle while it was moving.
Troopers said she then ran into traffic so the man attempted to block traffic by pulling his vehicle back into the moving lanes and was hit by a dump truck pulling a paver.
The force of the dump truck pushed the man’s vehicle into the woman causing fatal injuries.
The man was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
I-15 northbound traffic was diverted to the Bluffdale exit while the Major Crash Investigation Team investigated.
The name of the victim has not been released.
Suicide Prevention Resources
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, call the suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-TALK.Crisis Hotlines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Statewide/Salt Lake County Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-691-5433
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
- NAMI Utah: namiut.org
- County Crisis Lines: https://www.namiut.org/families-caregivers/suicide-prevention
- Utah Chapter-American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: afsputah.com
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
KSL 5 TV Live