Suspects Arrested After Pursuit Involving Two Stolen Vehicles
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah – Police arrested two people after a carjacking and a high speed pursuit that led police through three cities – and they weren’t just chasing one car. They were chasing two.
Around 9 a.m., an officer with the Unified Police Department of Greater Salt Lake police spotted a stolen BMW near 4100 South and Redwood Road on the north side of Taylorsville.
The officer followed it and called in backup.
Police were able to use a “stop stick” and pop one of the BMW’s tires near 3300 South and Interstate 15, but the driver kept going all the way to a Holiday Oil gas station at 4700 South 2700 West.
Surveillance video shows the BMW pull up. A passenger gets out, walks over to a Jaguar while the owner is pumping gas, and hops in the driver’s seat.
“I’m very attentive to what’s going on around me and it seemed out of the norm,” said Kelly Redmond, who works at the gas station.
He watched the whole thing unfold.
“I was trying to figure out what was going on because he was so nonchalant stealing the other car,” said Redmond.
The video showed a police car pull up in front of the stolen cars, but then both cars drive away.
From there, both suspects took off west down 4700 South. Police said near 3400 West, the suspect driving the BMW stopped and tried to jump into the Jaguar, but police got to her first.
Officials said the woman didn’t want to go peacefully, and an officer was hurt in the process.
“We had an officer that was injured while taking the female into custody,” said Sgt. Melody Gray. “She tried to run and when he tackled her, he was injured and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.”
The driver of the stolen Jaguar got away, but when he got to about 6200 Southj and Bangerter Highway, he had a little car trouble.
“What we’ve come to learn from the owner of that Jaguar is that the vehicle was having some problems,” said Gray. “So he may have picked the wrong car to take to run from the police.”
Police said the driver gave himself up without a fight.
Both suspects, identified as 33-year-old Brock Hansen and 23-year-old Brittany Price, were taken to jail.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 22129)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 8544)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 4942)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2337)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2197)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1683)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1664)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 1334)
- West Jordan Family Who Lost Daughter To COVID-19 Urges Families To Stay Home This Thanksgiving (pageviews: 1225)