Two Killed In Shooting At West Jordan Home
WEST JORDAN, Utah – Two people have been killed after a shooting inside a Salt Lake County home. One man was declared dead at the scene. The other was transported to the hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
There was a large police presence at a home near 7100 South Callie Drive in West Jordan Sunday evening, after officers got the call of a shooting inside a garage at the residence.
Detectives with the West Jordan Police Department were still gathering evidence and working to determine exactly what happened.
They said a family of five living at the address had invited a homeless man to stay in their garage.
At some point, an acquaintance of the man came to the home. What happened next was under investigation.
— Sean Moody (@SeanMoodyKSL) November 11, 2019
The homeowner said he heard gunshots and called 911 emergency dispatchers.
When they arrived on the scene, police found one man deceased. The other was initially listed in extremely critical condition, but has since died.
Lt. Chaundra Edmonds said investigators were working to determine if the incident was a double homicide or murder-suicide.
It was not clear if the second man had died.
Police did recover a gun at the scene, and they did not believe there was a suspect at large.
The men’s identities were not released.
Investigators were speaking with the home owner, hoping he could shed light on exactly what happened.
Officials said they were working to determine if drugs or alcohol were involved.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)