One Dead After Officer-Involved Shooting In Cedar City
CEDAR CITY, Utah — One man was shot and killed after police said he approached officers while pointing a handgun at them, according to officials with the Iron County Sheriff’s Office.
Officers from the Cedar City Police Department responded to a 911 call from a woman saying her husband was threating her, her adult son and law enforcement Monday afternoon.
Police said responding officers asked the man to come forward with his hands visible at the scene.
“The suspect then approached officers while pointing a handgun in their direction,” Lieutenant Del Schlosser with the Iron County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release. “Law enforcement fired multiple rounds and the subject was struck.”
Officers immediately began life-saving efforts before medical personnel arrived at the scene and pronounced the man deceased at the scene.
No officers were injured and the Iron/Garfield/Beaver Critical Incident Task Force is currently investigating this incident.
If anyone is experiencing a domestic violence situation or is worried about someone they know, call 1-800-897-LINK to be connected to the Utah Domestic Violence Coalition.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)