Photos: Arequipa Peru Temple Opens Doors For Public Tours
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Peru’s newest temple for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will open its doors to the public this week.
The free open house begins Nov. 15 and will continue through Nov. 30.
The temple will be dedicated Dec. 15 by President Russell M. Nelson, according to The Church. This will be Peru’s third temple. Other temples are located in Lima and Trujillo. A fourth, the Lima Peru Los Olivos Temple, is currently under construction.
“Latter-day Saints consider temples to be the ‘house of the Lord, and the most sacred places of worship on the earth,” according to a statement from The Church. “Temples differ from the Church’s meetinghouses (chapels). All are welcome to attend Sunday worship services and other weekday activities at local meetinghouses. The primary purpose of temples, however, is for faithful members of the Church to participate in sacred ceremonies, such as marriages that unite families forever and proxy baptisms on behalf of deceased ancestors who did not have the opportunity while living. Find out more about temples.”
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)