One Killed In Wasatch County Head-On Crash
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A 59-year-old Utah man died after a pickup truck crashed head-on with a large semi box-truck, according to officials with the Utah Highway Patrol.
The crash happened after 10 a.m. Friday on U.S. Highway 40 near milepost 29, which is about 10 miles east of Strawberry Reservoir in Wasatch County.
Troopers identified the victim as Steven Okelberry of West Valley City.
According to witnesses, the pickup truck, which was a white Dodge Ram, was traveling eastbound at a high rate of speed.
Police said the pickup was traveling above the posted speed limit when it sharply turned into the westbound lane of traffic for unknown reasons.
The pickup then impacted the front of a 30-foot box truck at full speed and troopers said Okelberry was instantly killed.
The box truck driver suffered serious injuries and was transported to an area hospital via medical helicopter and a passenger in the box truck was transported to an area hospital via ambulance.
U.S. 40 is closed in both directions while police conduct an investigation; troopers said a small hazmat spill was also being attended to at the scene of the crash.
Driver Alert: US-40 is closed in both directions at MP 28 (8 miles S of Heber) due to a crash. Use an alternate route and check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for updates. @UDOTRegionthree @UtahTrucking
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) November 15, 2019
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)