Police Looking For White Dodge Ram Truck After Fatal Auto-Pedestrian Crash
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – Police are searching for a truck they say never stopped after it hit and killed a pedestrian.
Lt. Josh Christensen with American Fork Police Department said an officer was dispatched to an auto-pedestrian crash at approximately 8 p.m. Monday in the area of 280 E. Main St.
Officers arrived with emergency medical services personnel, and they discovered a 64-year-old man had suffered fatal injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The man’s identity has not been released.
He was crossing in the middle of an unlit road, officials said, and the driver may not have seen him before the collision.
“This is a fairly dark road,” Christiansen said. “This is in the middle of the block, and the pedestrian was struck in the middle of the road.”
“It is likely that the driver did not realize they had struck a pedestrian,” he added.
Speed does not appear to be a factor, Christiansen said.
“It may just be some very sad, horrific circumstances,” he said.
According to witness testimony, the vehicle drove a little further down the road before slowing down to pull over. However, the truck then reportedly kept going.
Authorities said evidence and witness accounts lead officers to believe that the vehicle was a white 2006 – 2009 Dodge Ram truck with a cargo utility-type shell in the bed and double doors in the back.
Police are asking the driver of the truck, or anyone who may recognize the vehicle, to contact American Fork police at 801-763-3020.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)