Man Arrested In Connection To Fatal Hit-And-Run In American Fork
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – Authorities arrested a man Wednesday in connection to a deadly hit-and-run.
Police said the driver was arrested thanks in part to a tip from someone who recognized the truck that was involved.
“Since the crash, investigators had spent hour investigating the incidents, which included collecting video surveillance from multiple businesses,” according to a statement from the American Fork Police Department. “Through that surveillance, they were eventually able to determine the neighborhood the suspect vehicle likely came from. While canvassing that neighborhood a citizen called into the police department with a tip of who they believed owned the truck.”
Darrell Day, 37, of American Fork, turned himself in on Wednesday when he learned investigators were onto him, according to authorities. He told police he did know he’d hit a pedestrian, but he left the scene because he was scared of going to jail.
There is no evidence he was impaired or distracted at the time of the crash, police said.
Day is now facing a one count of failing to stop at an accident involving a death, which is a third-degree felony.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 5683)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)