Man Arrested In Connection To Fatal Hit-And-Run In American Fork
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – Authorities arrested a man Wednesday in connection to a deadly hit-and-run.
Police said the driver was arrested thanks in part to a tip from someone who recognized the truck that was involved.
“Since the crash, investigators had spent hour investigating the incidents, which included collecting video surveillance from multiple businesses,” according to a statement from the American Fork Police Department. “Through that surveillance, they were eventually able to determine the neighborhood the suspect vehicle likely came from. While canvassing that neighborhood a citizen called into the police department with a tip of who they believed owned the truck.”
Darrell Day, 37, of American Fork, turned himself in on Wednesday when he learned investigators were onto him, according to authorities. He told police he did know he’d hit a pedestrian, but he left the scene because he was scared of going to jail.
There is no evidence he was impaired or distracted at the time of the crash, police said.
Day is now facing a one count of failing to stop at an accident involving a death, which is a third-degree felony.
- School Officials Apologize For 'Abhorrent' Quote In Highland High Yearbook (pageviews: 22111)
- Eight Arrested After Rally In Cottonwood Heights Turns Violent (pageviews: 22056)
- Police: Shots Fired Into Security Booth Outside Provo Missionary Training Center (pageviews: 5690)
- Suspect Killed; West Jordan Officer Shot In Shoulder (pageviews: 3806)
- The FDA's List Of Dangerous Hand Sanitizers Has Now Grown To More Than 100 (pageviews: 3105)
- Medical Helicopter Dispatched To Utah Lake After Report Of Person Being 'Entangled' In Propeller (pageviews: 2869)
- Wilford Brimley, 'Cocoon' And 'Natural' Actor, Dies At 85 (pageviews: 2854)
- Police: Shots Fired Overnight Outside Missionary Training Center In Provo (pageviews: 2358)
- Doctor Debunks Myths About Wearing Face Masks (pageviews: 1966)