Church Announces Creation Of Eight New Missions
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced the creation of eight new missions, which will open next year.
The missions were announced Thursday.
This will bring the worldwide mission count to 407, according to a statement from the Church.
These new missions will open in July 2020:
- Brazil Recife South
- Cameroon Yaounde
- Ecuador Guayaquil East
- Ethiopia Addis Ababa
- Mozambique Beira
- Tanzania Dar es Salaam
- Texas Austin
- Texas Dallas East
The new missions will be created from the divisions of existing missions, church officials said. The boundaries are changed based on the needs and demands of each area.
“Missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serve as volunteers at their own expense,” according to the Church’s statement. “Young men ages 18 to 25 serve for two years, while young women ages 19 to 39 serve for 18 months. Senior missionaries generally serve from six months to two years. Currently, there are more than 68,000 missionaries serving worldwide.”
- Cataract Canyon Without Lake Powell: A Monumental Legacy Of Dried Mud (pageviews: 7059)
- Man Beaten, Killed By Multiple People In Magna (pageviews: 5468)
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 2758)
- Two Men Injured In Jet Ski Collision At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 2553)
- Man Killed In Overnight SLC Shooting (pageviews: 2501)
- Police Searching For West Jordan Road Rage Participant (pageviews: 1783)
- Sisters Run Lemonade Stand In West Jordan In Honor Of Their Older Sister (pageviews: 1624)
- Committee Votes In Favor Of New Name For Dixie State University (pageviews: 1521)
- One Dead After Car Vs. Dump Truck Crash In Logan (pageviews: 1359)