Amber Alert Still In Effect For 3-Week-Old; Police Say Mother May Be Heading To California
CLINTON, Utah – The search is continuing for a 3-week-old girl taken by her biological mother from a home in Davis County.
The Amber Alert for the infant, Audrey Westfall, and her mother, Taylor Cheylene Webb, was activated Wednesday at approximately 10:40 p.m. The two were still missing by midday Thursday, and authorities said they’re worried the infant may be in danger.
Police in Clinton said Webb’s cell phone was last pinged outside of Tooele around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. She could be anywhere by now, but officials said she may be heading to Modesto, California, where she’s from.
Webb has family and a relationship in Modesto, authorities said.
Clinton Police Lt. Shawn Stoker said authorities have reason to believe she could be there now or is still on her way. Their concern is how she is traveling with the baby because she didn’t have a means of transportation.
Lt. Stoker on #AmberAlert for 3 week old baby taken out of Clinton by mother, who does not have custody. Only cell phone ping was outside of Tooele. Their primary focus is to make sure the baby is safe. Please call 911 if you have any info. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/7FshTLvH1q
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) November 21, 2019
Webb is described as having long brown hair, possibly worn in a bun, and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a gray zip up jacket, black yoga pants and Avia shoes. She also has two distinct tattoos on her collarbone. On one side it reads “exhale the negative” on the other it reads “inhale the positive.”
Police said Audrey was born in Modesto, but she’d been in Utah with her mother for five days.
She was taken from her grandmother’s home, who has court-ordered guardianship, in the area of 2400 North and 2700 West, Stoker said. Audrey was in a black and gray baby carrier with a pink and green quilted blanket.
“Indications are she had the baby in California, they came here, she was staying here temporarily, and then left with the baby last night,” Stoker said.
“Right now we don’t have pending charges on Ms. Webb as much as we are focusing on the Amber Alert and the safety for the child,” he added. “The criminal charges or potential criminal charges will be worked out through the county attorney’s office.”
Police said Webb was last seen in Clinton around 3 p.m., but they weren’t called until 5:12 p.m. They began their investigation before it was qualified as an Amber Alert.
Utah authorities are working with agencies in both Nevada and California. Anyone with information about the mother and child’s whereabouts is asked to call the Clinton Police Department at 801-614-0800 or 911.
- School Officials Apologize For 'Abhorrent' Quote In Highland High Yearbook (pageviews: 22111)
- Eight Arrested After Rally In Cottonwood Heights Turns Violent (pageviews: 22056)
- Police: Shots Fired Into Security Booth Outside Provo Missionary Training Center (pageviews: 5690)
- Suspect Killed; West Jordan Officer Shot In Shoulder (pageviews: 3806)
- The FDA's List Of Dangerous Hand Sanitizers Has Now Grown To More Than 100 (pageviews: 3105)
- Medical Helicopter Dispatched To Utah Lake After Report Of Person Being 'Entangled' In Propeller (pageviews: 2869)
- Wilford Brimley, 'Cocoon' And 'Natural' Actor, Dies At 85 (pageviews: 2854)
- Police: Shots Fired Overnight Outside Missionary Training Center In Provo (pageviews: 2358)
- Doctor Debunks Myths About Wearing Face Masks (pageviews: 1966)